Thursday 8 October 2020

Mixed Media Notebook

 Oh the projects came so easy with these 13arts papers, just love them.
my second DT project for Thompsons craft supplies
a mixed media notebook, i love books and have many, the problem is i write in them all and then cant find what i am looking for because i have so many lol.


for this project i used....,
Thompsons craft supplies mixed flower collections
finnabair metallic wax firebird
craft oclock mixed media quotes 2
creative embellishments frame
mdf leaves and feathers
hobbilicious stencil elfland
color glow golden calite
finnabair art alchomy paint phoenix feather

from my stash i used black stazon ink,black gesso, white gesso, 3d gel for my glue and some glass bead texture gel, you can make this with 3d gel and just mixing with glass seed beads, the gel will dry clear.

to start with on this project as it is a bound notebook i started by stippling the spine with white gesso and round the edge of the cover, i dried it with my heat gun and then stippled the paint on, no need to do the middle as it will be covered, i did the back in the same way but had to wait till one side was completely dry before doing the second side .

i then cut papers to fit the front only not the spine and slightly smaller. i glued on using my 3d gel and then painted all over with my clear gesso and dried.

i then sponged the orange paint through my stencil randomly over the front and back .

while that was drying i painted my frame with black gesso and then that was stuck on with the 3d gel.

i added some of the bead gel around the book edges and in parts around the frame and dried them.

i then sprinkled some of the colour glow in places and sprayed with water to activate and move the colour around a little and then dried.

i painted my mdf leaves and feathers with the paint and when dry just distressed the edges with black my black ink pad.

i fussy cut a flower collection and a single sun flower and butterfly and layered up the paper pieces and mdf feathers and leaves.and added my butterfly.

i painted my paper pieces with clear gesso and dried.

i then distressed all around the book edge very gently with the black ink pad and then using my finger waxed picking up the beads and the frame detail in parts.

i added my title which i had distressed with the wax.

lastly i watered down a little black gesso on my glass cutting mat and splattered gently all over.

for the back i got as far as the stencilling and adding the colour glow then inked gently with the back round the edges and then picked up detail with the wax but left it without any other embellishments so that it will sit flat.

  

   

   



l. 

1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous mixed media notebook and great texture -I have loads on notebooks too but hate writing in them lol
Carol x