Wednesday 14 October 2020

Mixed Media Butterfly

 Mixed Media Butterfly.


Its great to work on different shapes for scrapbooking, i love to mix it up a bit.

another Dt project for Thompsons craft supplies.

for this project i used.....

woodouts butterfly mdf blank

13arts papers end of summer

hobbilicious mdf feathers and leaves

hobbilicious hobbles

finnabair art alchemy wax firebird

finnabair art alchemy sparks acrylic paint phoenix feather

from my stash i used black gesso, 3d medium.

to start with i covered my butterfly with one of the papers and using some sand paper i distressed the edges.

next i gently edged it with some black ink

i mounted my photo onto black card

then i painted my mdf feathers and leaves with black gesso

i fussy cut some of the designs from the paper pack .

then i layered them all on without gluing to decide on my design, i took a photo to remind me of where i wanted everything and then removed it all.

i gradually started to build it all up using 3d gel medium as my glue for my mdf pieces and 3d foam pads with the medium to stick down my paper pieces, the 4d foam pads also adds height to the pieces so you have a lovely 3d finish.

i then mixed together some 3d gel with the hobbles and added round the butterfly edge and across the leaves and feather.

when it was all dry i added some wax to my hobbles edging and the black gesso'd feather and leaves, not completely covering, still allowing the black to dominate.

lastly i splattered with somewatered down black gesso and some watered down sparks paint.

  


  



No comments: