Saturday 15 August 2020

Mixed Media Box - Letter Box.

Mixed Media Box

My first project from my August DT kit from Thompson craft supplies.

i just love boxes and tins, i really enjoyed creating this one.


for this project i used......
Pentart crackle paste and primer
Pentart wax paste Turtle Green 
13arts color glow emerald
Dina wakley acrylic paint Blushing and Elephant
Hobbilicious box

and from my stash i used, clear gesso, half pearl beads and some ribbons, a flower from a previous kit



firstly i sponged the inside and outside of my box with the blushing and the elephant paints

i then did lots of fussy cutting from my papers and added a couple of the roses to the side of my main box.

 then i added the crackle paste just overlapping my roses, for this paste you have to add the primer first to the area you want and then add the paste, you can activate this crackle with a heat gun which is great no waiting for crackle lol

i crackles the top two parts of my lid, being careful not to cover the slits in the top most part of the lid.

i then threaded my ribbons through the slits on the lid and tied a knot and secured it to the other part of the lid and then layered the fussy cut pieces  (which i had painted with the clear gesso and dried ) onto my lid around the ribbon and added more onto the sides of my main box .

when all my layering had been done i went over it all with the clear gesso again, it adds some strength to the card elements on the box and also allows any paints or inks i add to move and sit on the top rather than going straight into the card.

i then added some ore colour with the color glow emerald and water to activate it, i dried it and then went again splattering with the emerald.

added some wax here and there

lastly i added the pearls and the flower on my lid.



 

No comments: