Friday 21 August 2020

Mixed Media Heart Hanger

Mixed Media Heart Hanger

My August DT kit From Thompsons craft supplies



A wooden heart hanger for my base, i think it was from The Works

from my kit i used......

pentart cracking paste primer and paste
Colour glow Ruby
Tim Holtz ideaology Words

from my stash.....white and black gesso, ribbon, metal embellishments, leaves and flowers,i think they are finnabair, silver wax

 

firstly i painted the heart with white gesso and dried it, 

i added some of the color glow ruby, activated with water and painted on,

 i then glued on the acitate using gel medium and cut round to fit the heart.

i added the crackling paste, firstly the primer then the paste and dried with my heat gun to crackle.

i then splattered with the colour glow activated with water and gently added some of the ruby to the crackle.

i also splattered with some watered down black gesso and gently blackened the edges of the heart.

i painted all my embellishments with black gesso and layered them until i was happy then attached them with gel medium.

i lastly added some silver wax and added my title.


 





 

No comments: