Wednesday 17 June 2020

A Great Adventure- Journal Layout.

A Great Adventure, journal layout

i always seam to do double layouts in my journals, i cant seam to get my head around having two different things on opposite pages lol but i'm not bothered i love working the doubles.

using some of my  June DT kit from Thompsons Craft supplies




i also used some cardboard from a box, some hand made stamps, some stamped and aged circles , some washi tape and some gesso.

i cut  out some of the paper to fit the right hand side of my double layout and then tore round the edges,
 with what  was left , 2 pieces from the side and bottom, i tore round them and turned them sideways and glued to the other page,  so both of my pages were covered i then added some washi tape and the torn off pieces from my main sheet to add the next layer.

i then scraped some white gesso over the pages to soften it down.
when it was dry i then added the Ocean paint using my finger, just here and there.
i chose my dragonfly and butterfly and sponged with the ocean paint.

i splattered with some black watercolour paint

i then layered up my card, stamps, butterfly tracing paper, distressed circle and butterfly/dragonfly, working both sides at the same time.

lastly i found my title , mounted onto some card then added them to my layout and using a journalling pen i framed the title and both the pages but not down the centre.










No comments: