Tuesday 26 November 2019

Mixed Media, Christmas Star

love my Christmas star, 
all products from Thompsonscraftsupplies

using the Home for christmas papers from mintay 
creative embellishments holly wreath 
rustic paint ruby 
cheesecloth

firstly i gesso'd the edges of my star, i cut out my backing paper making it slightly smaller than the star , i distressed the edges with scissors, then using a journaling pen and the rustic paint (ruby) also using the ruby i stenciled on the stars onto my backing paper.


i painted my wreath with the rustic paint , placed some cheesecloth in a circle on the star then mounted the wreath using 3d foam pads and gel paste as my glue.              

i then did a lot of fussy cutting from the home for Christmas element sheet that comes withing the paper pack, this was all mounted to create height using 3d foam pads and gel paste, all overlapping, i then added my title which is from the Tim Holtz idiology chipboard Christmas quote chips.




i added some ribbon to add a bit more texture and as a hanger.
lastly i mixed some white paint with a little water and splattered.




No comments: