Wednesday 26 May 2021

Summer Journal

 Summer Journal, 

using the Sunkissed range by Cocoa Vannill Studio from 

The Mad Scrapper

I'm getting ready for Summer, waiting patiently!

I created this fun and easy journal just waiting for all the photos and stories of our summer.
A very easy to make project.

Starting with 12x12 sheets from the range I cut them, leaving them mainly 12" wide but cutting down to 7 or 8" deep and then folding in half and using the cut off pieces too so nothing goes to waste.

 

I then placed then together, deciding which colours and designs I liked next to each other and mixing the sizes, adding the smaller in between the larger, you can even trim some off so the widths are slightly different too, to see things poking out make for a much more interesting finish.
when I was happy with the way I had the pages, I then fixed them in place with a long reach stapler and then bound with some ribbon and tied on the outside.

I decorated my cover using the cut apart sheet, layering pieces up and using some 3D foam pads to add some height, from my stash I found some bobble ribbon which I added to the edge of one of my inside pages and to my cover, tucking it under the main title cut out.


I have then decorated the inside with some of the pieces from the ephemera pack. and any leftover strips from my page cutting .

It's now ready to add my photos and journaling as we go through the summer, a great project to take away with you if you have a portable photo printer, some of the ephemera, the cut apart sheets, some journal blanks and some glue and you are good to go. 

  

using the just gorgeous Sunkissed range, I used 12x12 sheets, 


No comments: