Wednesday 19 May 2021

Nature Trail- Scrapbook Layout.

 Another design for The Mad Scrapper 

I had no idea for this before I sat down to work on it, i am very happy with the result.

Nature Trail


For this page I used just paper 3 ... 12x12 sheets and a plain white cardstock,
 I love it when some papers have just everything you need to complete your page, i sometimes find I am spending far too much time trying to find other bits and pieces to fit!

I started with the hello happy for my base and cut round the right-hand side of the middle 3 butterflies only, lifted them up from the page and then backed with an off cut from one of the other pages.



My photos started off 6x4,  I trimmed them down to allow me to fit the 3 photos on my page and then mounted them on white cardstock just to allow the photos to lift off the page and not sink into the back ground. I put them aside to work on my back ground.



I cut three pieces from the other papers, remember these are double sided papers so great for using more of the design, I didn't measure the pieces just went with the size of my photos and placed them down and trimmed until I was happy with the sizing, I then distressed the edges with open scissors, please be careful doing it this way, there are distressing tools available to buy for this.

I then fussy cat the large flower, looks a bit hydrangea like to me, one of my favourite flowers!



I placed my backing pieces and photos down and moved around with my flower until I was happy with the layout and then stuck them down, you can do this by picking up corners and sticking down or by taking a photo to look back on to take up and layer your pieces on, I tucked my photos under and on top of the flower, I love to have things overlapping!


Next was making my title I look one of the papers and hand wrote my title using a journaling pen, cut round it roughly and then roughly coloured with a gold paint pen. I gently inked the edges and mounted on 3d foam pads to lift it off the page slightly.

Next, I fussy cut 3 more butterflies from one of the other papers, inked then gently, shapes them and placed around my title.


Lastly, I went round my main backing and my layered pieces with my journaling pen, just roughly bordering them, it adds a frame to my work and gives it a great finish I feel, jut roughly no ruler just a slightly wobbly line, in fact I think I went round 2 or 3 times, i love to finish things off this way, it's a great detail so simple but adds a lot to a page. 

No comments: