Thursday 25 October 2018

Mums Mixed Media Butterfly Canvas

Every year i make something for my mum for her birthday and christmas, two years ago on christmas eve we lost my mum, on sunday it was my mums birthday, 
happy birthday mum i made this for you xx

always go pinky/purple colours so wanted to change it up a bit this time, wanted to go orange but then loved tho other colours that were sitting on the desk in front of me so decided to add some of those in too.

lots of metal and resin flowers and butterflies
, my mum said when i am gone look out for the butterflies, i have had a butterfly in my work room all week!!


the paints i used are the imagination metallic paints, just love them, you cant see the sparkle so much on these photos but its gorgeous.



so i firstly used paste on the canvas and added texture with paste, glass glitter and glass bead mix, gesso'd all my embellishments and left to dry

 i then did my background first messed around with paint until i was happy and then painted and added my flowers and butterflies.
then it was some paint splattering then wax then back to splattering.

thats the simple step by step but you know what its like when you change colours, paint goes on paint and then some more lol until you are happy, i even have paint on my phone as it was all over my hands 
but i am very happy with the result.
hope you like.





No comments: