Saturday 29 September 2018

Mixed Media Sewing Canvas

I had the whole day in my cabin today, my plans were to make my ink pad shelving units, you know the pre cut, slot together kind,
and then the rest of the day to play....... how long should it take to make them, only a few minutes, unless you read the line " if you want it painted we suggest you paint it before putting together"......WRONG....NO...DONT DO IT, 4 hours later and having to literally force it together shaving off bits here and there as I went !! its not good!! second one and no paint 5 minutes.....
 
any way after all that I wanted to make a sewing themed mixed media canvas, wanted it to be delicate colours, I think I managed it.
 



 
using modelling paste and stencil, die cut leaves, lace, die cut manikin, flowers, metal embellishments, buttons, miniature scissors, glass beads and glass glitter, lots of gesso, paint , ink and wax.


No comments: