Monday 24 September 2018

Mixed media Autumn hanger

Well I am in love with this, 
not at all what I had in my mind, seem to be doing that a lot lately, it has a ton of paint on it, I am not patient when crafting, I just can't wait for things to dry lol so I end up dragging other colours out because it is still wet underneath!

What did I do?
Well I have die cut leaves, a layer of 2 on each on the back ground I also have paste, 
all gesso'd , 
I then....well the night before I made some clay leaves, flowers, acorns and a heart, left to dry overnight, 
then I arranged a bit of birds nest then all my leaves and flowers etc, glued them all down and painted it all with a gorgeous bronze/gold, just love the colour, 
I then added some twirly bits and pieces and  used some mica misters but painted with them rather than sprayed to pick up some colours on my leaves, flowers and acorns, 
when dry I went in with some bronze wax and stazon for the shading round the edge and on the background leaves and butterflies.




Well that was the short version, what really happened was ......I painted, changed my mind, painted again, changed my mind again, scratched my chin and then did it again lol


i just love the metallic feel it has but still has the colours of autumn.
the clay worked really well, something i always forget about but actually is a very good medium to play with and easy these days with air drying clay
the birdy was a shall i or not.....i think he goes well.

 
 just adding a bit of shading really does make the leaves pop 


so what do you think? love it or hate in?

please leave a thumbs up or comment.






















No comments: