Saturday 2 May 2020

Smell the Roses-Mixed Media Coasters

Smell the Roses mixed media coasters

Next project from my latest DT kit from Thompsons craft supplies
little pieces of art, loved making these and adding in some of  my new found love of painting, only small but quite lot in them.


products i used.....
finnabair mixed media tissue paper
finnabair mettalic wax

i also used from my stash some mixed media spray inks,white gesso, bead gel, butterfly, flower and leaf stamps and black ink pad.


 firstly i gesso'd over my coasters (random plain coasters i found in a shop somewhere)
  when they were dry i sprayed with the ink and then with water and moved it around a little till i liked the design, then let it dry, took a while as it was quite wet , i could have used a heat gun but would have moved the ink around more which i didn't want to do.
i then added my tissue and sealed with clear gesso.
when it was all dry i stamped with my butterfly, flowers and leaf stamps and then painted with my impasto paints. i watered them down to paint easier and did several coats to bring up the gorgeous colours.
when it was all dry i added some pen details, outlining and inner details.
i then added some bead gel around the border.
i cut out my titles from the card sheet and lightly inked to get away from the bright white. i sealed the whole thing with clear gesso, dabbing rather than painting so as not to move any of my colours around any more.
i then added some black ink round the edges and finished with the wax picking up some of the raised detail from the bead gel.







No comments: