Sunday 10 May 2020

Fly- Log Slice Layout

Fly Log Slice Layout.
just love these logs slices they make a lovely and different back ground to work on.
another of my projects for Louise at Thompsons craft supplies


for this project i have used.....
shabby velour vintage green paint
Tim Holtz ideaology- botanical
botanical papers.
Hobbilicious mdf FLY

from my stash i also used some cotton lace, stencil and paste and clear gesso



to start i clear gesso'd my log slice and played with the paint until i was happy with my colours, i then when dry added my paste through a stencil and dried again.

i randomly added my stamp, not the complete stamp just bits in places all over.
i cut my back ground papers to size, distressed the edges with my open scissors and inked to age them.
 i added my lace which had also been aged and layered up my papers using 3d foam pads and gel medium to glue but not right to the edges so that i can tuck other elements under if i want to , i chose several pieces from my ephemera pack and decid'ed on my layout, glued them in place and clear gessod them all.
i then painted my fly with white acrylic paint and finished with some splattering.





No comments: