Friday 15 May 2020

Enjoy the Journey - Art Journal Entry.

Enjoy the Journey.

well i was enjoying the journey, after struggling in lock down to start with but then getting used to it,  as i was sitting enjoying crafting this piece which i love i have to say!
we got some really bad news, putting myself and my daughter out of work again, i will tell more on this story another time.
i still love this piece of course lol
not at all what was in my head when i started it, funny how it changes as you go along and actually what i had intended i cant even remember now lol
the colours are not my go to colours at all, maybe i need to come out of my comfort zone more often and see what else i actually love. i do love yellow roses though !!


it has music paper from an old music book, feel bad about it but in me defense the book was in pieces and i saved it from the bin and turned it into a piece of art.
then i added some paste through a stencil, added lots of texture, gesso and paint . the main colours are using my water colour paints and lots of water to move the colours around.
some stamping then layers including lace, doilies, papers, ephemera, my final top piece and title, on the balance page i added the lace again , gorgeous little frame and matching flower.
lastly i used a finnabair wax to bring out the details of the stenciled paste.





No comments: