Monday 1 March 2021

Scrapbook Page Layout.

My First design for Janine at The mad Scrapper

Happy to be playing again and these papers are just lovely and bright, although hard to find something to match up to this set of photos, nothing is as bright as these photos!!

Using the Blue Fern Studios ,Paisley and Vine modern collection.


 
  

Sometimes I can just pick up a base sheet and go with it and other times I have to add, this is one of those times, I felt I just needed to add to it and as the photo is of making a mess, I needed a bit more of a messy back ground so I started by adding some stencilling through a circle stencil and using a green ink and a sponge.


I went over again using 2 stamps that help to create backgrounds, sort of splatter designs, you could do just the same by actually splattering, i used a

I loved the diamond sheet from the collection and used them as diamonds, I cut a strip off as a base cutting the diamond shape and also cut a few of the actual diamonds separately. I inked the edges of the diamonds just to help them pop off the page as the colours are very closely matched.

I cut some more strips from the different papers from the collection and added a little stamping for interest, used a punch for the heart circle and to make the arrows all from the papers in the collection , I made a little camera embellishment with a stamp onto a scrap of one of the papers, again I inked the edges to help them pop and make them a little grungier as it's not a clean page and it definitely wasn't a clean day when taking these photos. 


putting it all together, I layer all my elements on the page moving around until I am happy with the design, I find this is the time to take a photo to look back on as I fix everything in place because I am very likely to forget where it all goes.

I started with the strips at the bottom and then added my photo which I added using 3d foam pads so that it lifts it off the page a little and allows me to tuck bits behind so remember not to go right to the edge with the sticky pads or you won't be able to tuck things behind.
Next it was the separate diamonds tucking under here and there, the arrows, I double mounted the 2 on the left, the photo and heart on the right and the title on the left with the diamond tucked underneath.

I ended up by covering my photo and splattering with the same ink that I used to edge my pieces, I watered it down a little on my glass mat so allow me to splatter with it.

Items used....

Paisley and Vine papers - Whimsy, Pathway, Splendor and playing cards.
Distress Oxide, Faded Jeans.
Distress oxide, Mowed Lawn.

Camera stamp
splat stamps
arrow stamp
circle stencil
arrow punch
circle punch

No comments: