Thursday 12 March 2020

Spread Your Wings-Mixed media layout.

Spread your Wings mixed media layout
 using lots of paste to make the texture and lots of colour.
my Design team kit form Thompsons craft supplies.


the products i used are all from Louise at Thompsons craft supplies
i used the Hobbilicios wings mdf
Hobbilicious dress form mdf
the Ab Studio flower stencil
fabrika decoru chalk spray gentle beige
shabby velour paint, pink
AB studio papers somewhere

from my stash i also used a brick wall stencil, acrylic flowers, heavy body paste, mixed media spray inks, finnabair wax in rose gold and gold.
my back ground is an off cut of MDF that my other half trimmed and added a small border to, i don't like to throw anything away !!


i really enjoyed creating the texture on this project, using my stencil and paste on the wings and dress form.
for the the background i tore my papers and using gel medium added them to my background, i then overlapped with my brickwork stencil and paste and a roman numerals stencil, randomly over my project, when this was dry i painted over with a clear gesso, also doing my dress form and wings.


i then placed my dress form and wings, using off cuts of mdf as packing behind to lift off off my background to add depth, i added cheesecloth behind, i worked to one side so that one wing went off the side of my back ground.


i raided my stash to find a mix off metal, acrylic and mdf flowers and other bits and pieces to decorate and add texture, using gel medium to fix down, i then painted with a gesso so that i can then add colour to them.
when all was dry and secure i started playing with colour, adding ink and water to my background and my flowers and other bits and pieces and moving the colours around, the clear gesso allows the colours to move and not sink in.
drying as i went i added more colours.
just playing with colour until i was happy.


i then added some dry brushed paint to my dress form and wings and then some wax all over using my finger to gently pick up the textures and highlight them.



No comments: