Monday 17 December 2018

Mini Quilt Exchange

I once again took part in the mini quilt exchange, over 200 quilters too part this time, divided into groups with a group mumma, 
we started to stalk our secret partners to learn their likes and dislikes.
a couple of months of stalking , planning then changing my mind this is what i came up with for my partner who on paper was me, when i read her likes and dislikes etc i could have been reading all about me so we were well matched and i really enjoyed making my mini for Melanie......



I love applique work and am really happy with my houses on the rolling hills.


using lots of the built in stitches in my machine for the details on the hills.



the quirky houses with their odd roofs 
free motion quilting on the houses to form the windows and doors
and a free motion sky, all the things i love to do.



In return i received this beautiful mini quilt again with my beloved applique work and free motion quilting
received from Yas,
 i just love it, my colours (autumn) and with the beautiful applique work in the heart designs,
the fab free motion quilting detail that finishes if off is just lovely.
just need to find a piece of dowel to hang it in my sewing room.
and to top it off a beautiful needle case as a gift , just love it and will use it always.




No comments: